Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport Hotel, the hotel group’s fifth hotel in the region, celebrates its 10th anniversary this week - a key milestone in Premier Inn’s continued evolution in the Middle East.
Opened on 11 December 2013, Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport Hotel has gone from strength to strength over the last 10 years with a consistent high occupancy, strong sustainability credentials and numerous awards. The 300-room hotel remains a top destination for business and leisure travellers looking for great value accommodation near Abu Dhabi airport.
Simon Leigh, Managing Director, Premier Inn MENA, said:
“We are thrilled to celebrate a decade of excellence at Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport Hotel with our guests and the Abu Dhabi community. The flagship hotel is a testament to our deep-rooted, ever-growing presence in the region, enjoying unwavering success and trading brilliantly from day one. As we applaud our past achievements, we also look forward to a future filled with new milestones and exciting growth opportunities within the region.”
Pratibha Bankar, Cluster General Manager, Premier Inn Abu Dhabi, added:
“Being part of Premier Inn Middle East for almost 15 years and being at the helm of this highly popular hotel since 2020, I feel very connected to this important milestone. It does not only reflect our dedication to providing a warm welcome, great service and unrivalled hospitality but also marks 10 years of growth and success. We extend our heartfelt gratitude to our team, partners, and, most importantly, our valued guests for their continued support.”
To mark this unique occasion, Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport Hotel unveils 10 special and fun facts highlighting the hotel’s growth and success over the last decade.
- The conveniently located hotel sold more than 930,000 room nights to business and leisure travellers from all over the world welcoming more than 1,328,000 guests over the last 10 years.
- The Housekeeping Team made up over 1,116,000 comfy beds to provide guests with a great night of sleep.
- More than 530,000 guests tucked in to the tasty all you can eat breakfasts, starting the day off the right way.
- One dedicated team member: Mandav Pandit, Maintenance Assistant, has been working at the Abu Dhabi International Airport Hotel since the ribbon was cut 10 years ago.
- The hotel was managed by three General Managers over the last 10 years. Roudi Soubra opened the premises in 2013. In 2015, Mark Whitlock, now Premier Inn’s Director of Operations Middle East, took over for five years. Pratibha Bankar has been at the helm since 2020.
- Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport Hotel was Abu Dhabi’s first hotel that secured a two ‘Pearl Green’ sustainability rating. During the last decade, the hotel has made further green steps and introduced LED lighting, solar panels, water recycling and waste management systems.
- Over the past decade, the renowned hotel welcomed countless guests from around the globe including officials from the Crown Prince Court, the flying crew of the Prime Minister of India and the Sri Lanka National Cricket Team.
- The hotel’s strategic location close to Abu Dhabi’s airport and its touristic highlights attracted a variety of event delegations such as the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Special Olympics as well as special collaborations with the Abu Dhabi Autism Center, SEHA Blood Bank and many more.
- Future guests can rest easy knowing there have been more than 25,000 5-star guest reviews, making the hotel a preferred choice for travellers.
- During the last 10 years, Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport Hotel received numerous respected awards including:
Trip.com - Preferred Hotel Award 2021
Hotels.com – Loved by Guests Award 2019
TripAdvisor - Travelers’ Choice 2018 and 2019
Booking.com – Best Guest Review Award 2018
Middle East Hotel Awards – Best Airport Hotel 2016 and Best Budget Hotel 2014
During its anniversary week, Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport Hotel will give away 10 free nights offering guests the chance to participate in the celebration. For more information and bookings, please visit https://mena.premierinn.com/en or follow @premierinngulf on social media.